Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Selfish

I am trying not to be selfish.
You'd think that if you are aware it would be an easy thing to do. You'd be wrong. Such as simple thing as wanting to prove something to my husband--when he is not listening to me even thou my way is obviously the right way--and causing a huge argument only happens because I am selfish. Wanting to prove me right, him wrong, win the argument. It puts my wants and needs first--even if he is monumentally wrong. I was being selfish.
And what about when the dog needs to go out for a kaka, and we are both comfortable, and maybe tired on the couch. I quickly get into to bed and feign sleep. Selfish.
Sometimes when I serve dinner, I serve myself the better slice of meat!
I cater to myself and think I am entitled to the things I need. I am number one, right? Got to look after me. Hmm. Hard to have a good loving relationship with people if you think that way.
I wage a war against my own selfishness. Wish me luck:)!

1 comment: